From KendalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Latest Flood Warnings for Kendal area (LA9)

5-day river level information for Kendal (powered by the Environment Agency). This link takes you to maps and graphs of the gauging stations around Kendal with an indication of levels when flooding might occur.

Kent at Bowston

Kent at Sedgwick

Mint at Mint Bridge

River Kent at Victoria Bridge - New

Webcam view of River Kent and Victoria Bridge

Webcam view of River Kent and Stramongate Bridge looking north

Webcam view of the Kent and Stramongate Bridge looking south

Sprint at Sprint Mill, Kendal

Stock Beck at Calder Drive, Kendal

Stock Beck at Stock Beck, Jewsons Yard

Stock Beck at Whitbarrow Close

Twitter accounts showing river levels:

@riverlevel_0574 Mint Bridge

@riverlevel_0573 Sprint Mill

@riverlevel_2308 Stock Beck Jewsons

Will I flood (Flood Map for Planning in Kendal - Rivers and Sea)

Check my Flood Risk (Shoothill Ltd.)

Risk of Flooding from Surface Water in Kendal

Environment Agency Flooding website

Prepare for a flood and get help during and after

You can also Sign up for flood warnings using this link or you can register by calling the Floodline on 03459881188 (24 hours)

There is lots of information on the SLDC website for householders and businesses: Flooding: Help and Advice

Specifically for businesses there is also the Invest in South Lakeland site: Flooding support for businesses.

There is also a business specific flood support factsheet provided by CCC and available at: Cumbria Flood Factsheet

Cumbria Community Messaging

Cumbria Community Messaging: Please sign up for this free service The system is designed to help you get the information you want, the way you want it, by phone, text or email. This is a two way community messaging system designed to put you in touch with the people and services that matter to you. It is totally free, really simple to do and they need your input!

Cumbria Community Messaging (CCM) is managed by the Cumbria Neighbourhood Watch Association (CNWA) and offers People and Communities across Cumbria the means to receive information from Agencies in the County tailored to their particular preferences for content, priority and means of communication. It is a web based system and registration is quick, simple and completely free. There are no contracts, costs or obligations of any kind.

Your personal details will be securely held under the provisions of the Data protection Act and only the people you want to see them can see them. They will never be shared with commercial organisations. The site and the system used for storing your data is accredited by ACPO as `Secured by design`.

Cumbria County Council - Keep Me Posted

Opt in information service for Cumbria and local services - school closures, libraries, fire incidents, Cumbria flood recovery, jobs, etc. Visit the Cumbria County Council Website

Cumbria County Council Highways

Report a problem with a road (including street lighting) or call the Cumbria Highways Hotline on 0300 303 2992 (if it is an emergency outside office hours, i.e. 1700 - 0830 and weekends, report the problem via the police)

What is considered a dangerous defect?:

Dangerous defects include significant road potholes (those with a depth or more than 100mm), major flood damage and exposed electrical wiring in street light columns.

Help them to locate the fault easily. When you report a problem it is really helpful if you can provide the following information:

  • The precise location of the fault, i.e. the name of the street, highway or postcode.
  • If you are reporting a streetlight, let us know its number - you should be able to find a 3 number digit on every streetlight

Or you can email South Lakeland Highways Area Office - betterhighways.southlakeland@cumbria.gov.uk

Water and Sewage

Got no water? Contact United Utilities Emergencies and Incidents

If you can’t see the issue listed within your area ring on 0345 6723 723 (24 hours a day) or webchat if the service is available (9am-7pm Mon-Fri).

Been flooded?

Planned Work

Spotted a leak?

Twitter: @unitedutilities

Facebook: United Utilities

Drainage on a highway - Blocked drains, gullies, culverts, flooding across the road, etc.


If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999 (This is a 24 hour emergency line).


  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property.
  • Do not turn on/off any electrical switches.
  • Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition.
  • If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually


Electrical emergencies: Your electricity network operator looks after the safety and security of your electricity supply. Please contact the operator below in the event of an electrical emergency or power outage.

For Kendal contact Electricity North West Ltd 0800 195 4141 Opening Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Faulty appliances: If you are covered by HomeCare

If you, a member of your household, or your property are at immediate risk, or if you smell burning, or if there is smoke coming from your fuseboard, lights or sockets, please call 999 immediately, then call us on 0800 048 1000 FREE.

PayPoint outlets

Prepayment meter run out? Need to recharge your card? Need to find your nearest PayPoint? Contact: 0845 760 0633

Lines open 8am-8pm Mondays to Fridays, 8am-6pm Saturdays. BT customers will be charged a minimum of 4p per minute for this call (or 1p per minute during evenings and weekends).

A call set up fee of 3p applies to calls from residential lines. Non BT customers should check the cost of their call with their provider. Your call may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.